DATING RED FLAGS
These are early warning signs that this particular person or relationship is not right for you.
- Any abuse of any kind in any amount (physical, verbal or emotional)
- You feel rushed, pressured or pushed too fast in the development of a deeper commitment or level of intimacy
- You feel physically tense around the individual or thinking about the relationship
- You feel sick on your stomach or physically uncomfortable in any way
- You witness the individual treating someone else disrespectfully or abusively
- They treat service employees badly (waiters, waitresses or anyone who is paid to serve)
- They talk badly about people of your race or gender regularly
- You hear the individual talk to another person or about another person disrespectfully
- They break a commitment, agreement or promise to you very early in the relationship
- The blame others for almost all of their problems (past, present and future)
- They have traits you do not like (but hope they will change over time)
- They use illegal substances or legal substances excessively
- They have long-standing financial problems (excessive debt, bad credit or not able to pay their bills)
- They expect you to contribute more to the relationship than they do
- They speak very badly about their parents or an ex spouse or partner
Don’t take this risk, don’t settle for a bad relationship and believe me you can do better!
It’s better to be alone than in a bad relationship.
Diane Webb for webbwisdom.com