How Bad Is It?
Sometimes it helps to put things in perspective. The next time you get upset about something try rating how bad or important it is on a scale of 1-10 with the following things being a 10.
- Being in a concentration camp during the Holocaust
- Losing your family and home in the tsunami (or another disastrous manner)
- Being a prisoner of war
- Being questioned (tortured) during the Spanish Inquisition
- Being held captive by a sadistic person
- Being a nuclear war/atomic bomb victim
- Being left on an ant bed in a paralyzed state
- Being kidnapped by a serial killer
Looking at it this way, locking your keys in the car is really not that big a deal. Not much is worth getting upset about when you compare it to a 10 like the 8 listed above.