Affirimations for increasing your feelings of happiness
Add your own affirmation suggestions in the comments.
Repeat at least once a day (the more the better)
- I focus on the good things in my life more than the bad.
- I don’t worry about things that haven’t happened.
- I avoid dwelling on “what if” scenarios.
- I avoid focusing on bad things.
- I enjoy what I can when I can.
- I avoid negativity.
- I do not create stress in my life.
- I take things as they come.
- I accept what I cannot change.
- I change what I can change (when I need to).
- I try not to be perfect (because it makes people nervous).
- I notice the good in people more than the bad.
- I do not read people’s minds and assume I know what they are thinking or what their motives are.
- I believe things happen for the best (even if it doesn’t seem like it).
- I accept my past (good and bad) because it’s part of what makes me who I am.
- The future holds wonderful things for me and I look forward to it.
- The present is a special gift so I take time to appreciate and enjoy small things minute by minute (sounds, smells, textures, sights).
- I understand that when most people act their worst, they need support, compassion and love the most.
- I stay away from mean, hateful or evil people.
- If I start to get stressed out or upset about something I tell myself “somewhere someone is going through something worse” so this just isn’t that big a deal”.