These are some of the things I’ve learned the hard way. Please share yours in the comments.
- Don’t carry a spider in a jar without a lid–especially if it’s a black widow.
- Don’t say “another word” when your mother says “don’t say another word”.
- When someone says “trust me” for no apparent reason, you better not!
- The first person to seek you out to “greet” you as a new supervisor is most likely your enemy.
- Don’t marry the very first person who asks you to.
- Don’t say “sic-um” to a bull dog, never-ever (even a young one).
- You can’t iron nylon.
- If a recipe sounds horrible, it probably is (Tuna-Taco Casserole for example).
- You cannot hide an injured, full grown duck in your bed room (they squawk).
- Don’t call the person pushing the merry go round a “wimp” while they are still pushing you.
- Don’t leave a horse tied to the door knob.
- If an officer asks you if you are in a hurry during a traffic stop do not say “yes, I really, really am”.
- Don’t ever try to pick up a piglet with it’s mother around (life-threatening mistake)
- What have you learned the hard way?